On this page, you can read a detailed guide about the most important steps of application to Danish institutions of higher education, additionally you can also find a list containing the needed documents and certifications.
The major milestones of the process in chronological order form as follows:
- Online registration
- SCEDA Deposit
- Oxford Online Placement Test
- Supervision of documents by SCEDA
- Application on Optagelse
- Sending of signature pages
- Confirmation from institutions
- Motivational interviews with the institutions
- Result of the application through e-mail
- Release of Light!/Plus! services
- Moving to DK (SCEDA Seminar in Danish cities)
APPLICATION FOR HIGHER EDUCATION
In order to become a SCEDA Applicant and the beneficiary of many useful services and features, fill out the registration form by clicking on the link below. With the registration, you can also take an Oxford Online Placement Test (if needed).
SCEDA’s services are free of charge for registered applicants, nevertheless a deposit of €35 must be paid. By paying this amount, the applicant will be entitled to receive personal guidance through local agents during the whole application and first semester; all in all 3 attempts on Oxford Online Placement Test; and the PLUS!/LIGHT! services for admitted students.
- Read more about deposit…
- Read more about extra services…
Appropriate skills of English language are essential in order to be able to collaborate with fellow-students, to participate on classes, and to understand the curriculum itself. Applicants are required to have one of the following language exams for a successful admission:
- IELTS, B2
- TELC, B2
- TOEFL, B2
- Cambridge Advanced (CAE), C level
- Cambridge Proficiency (CPE), C level
- Oxford Online Placement Test, B2 (minimum 120 points)
- The University College of Northern Denmark (UCN) accepts every type of language exams that meets the requirement of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and is on B2 level (i.e. ECL, EuroExam etc.).
SCEDA provides opportunity for those, who do not have any of the exams listed above to take an Oxford Online Placement Test.
Furthermore, both institutions and SCEDA may conduct a motivational interview performed by their representatives during tests or online sessions.
ATTENTION! Internet access and an installed Skype application is required both for the online testing and the motivational interviews.
NEEDED DOCUMENTS (All files must be in PDF format)
- ID photo
- Results from high school (Grade table+copy of original documents) — for further advices, please contact our local representatives
- Copy of language exam certification
- Motivational letter (Template) — The motivational letter must be written on SCEDA — letter paper by computer, in English, not exceeding 1 page (A4 size).
- Result of entrance exam (only for Design, Technology & Business applicants)
You can also send your documents to our colleagues for supervision in order to avoid any mistakes in the documents. Any mistakes may have a negative effect on the application.
OTHER “GOOD-TO-HAVE” DOCUMENTS (All files must be in PDF format)
- Copies of other relevant certificates beside GCSE
- Papers certifying relevant work experiences/references
APPLICATION ON OPTAGELSE
The upcoming step is to send the supervised documents to the institution by using a platform called Optagelse. The application documents have to be uploaded to the personal interface of the applicant that can be found on the online platform of this system, before the deadline. If you are facing any difficulties while completing this step, please contact your local agent, or use the official guide below.
- Guide for using Optagelse…
ATTENTION! Each Signature Page must contain the date of issue, the signature of applicant and a SCEDA label on the top of the form. If this form does not contain the SCEDA label, the company holds the right to refuse providing extra services.
DEADLINES OF APPLICATIONS
- All AP and BA courses (September intake): 15th of March
- All AP and BA courses (February intake): 15th of October (KEA); 1st of December; 5th of December (UCN)
- Top-up BA courses (PBA): 5th of July
ATTENTION! Institutions may accept applications after the deadline of September-intake, until the 3rd of July, but late applications will be placed on a waiting-list . The admission from waiting-list is only possible, if the first-round applicants have not filled the classes on the given program.
If you have any further questions regarding the application procedure, please feel free to contact our local representatives by using the link below, it is free of charge!